My mom just pulled out this great photo of my siblings and I at the Dakota County Fair! Yup, that's me on the left. Here are a few "fun facts" about my own history with the fair!
– I grew up in Dakota County (Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, and Lakeville), and have never missed a single year of the fair in my 31 years, even while living in Ohio for 4 years.
– I have entered artwork in the fair from kindergarten through adulthood and still have a box full of my ribbons!
– One of my favorite things to do was to collect business cards from all the booths in the commercial buildings. Now I'm handing them out!
– The Dakota County Fair remains the one and only fair that I face paint at!
– I shared the booth with my sister 13 years ago…she did airbrush t-shirts!
– My mom, who has face painted with me for the past 7 years, has won many awards for her art in the fair through the years, and she did painting demonstrations several years. My dad and brother also won awards this year for their homemade wine!
– My booth at the fair was where my business, "Paintertainment," was born.
– I've been featured in a few newspaper articles for my fair booth. Check out http://www.paintertainment.com/press.html
– I miss the "Lollies by Lee" booth. My Dad used to let us pick out a home made lollipop there. The booth smelled like sugary heaven!
Thanks for all the fun memories! I can't wait to make new ones with my little boys!
You must log in to post a comment.